Monday, March 5, 2012

Herbalism by LUSH Review

REVIEW: Herbalism by LUSH Cosmetics 
For those of you who don't know much about LUSH, they use all organic, animal friendly ingredients. All their products are handmade and the hippy in me was quite intrigued by this company.
I suggest going to their website to learn about them. They're pretty awesome. 
www.lushusa.com

I am reviewing HERBALISM  - a cleanser meant to help aid in the relief of oily acne prone skin. 


Shipping: I felt like it took a long time for the products to reach me. They are shipped from British Columbia and I understand that takes time. It could've been the carrier or me being uber impatient. 
*3 out of 5 Snobby Stars*


Packaging: I love their packaging. Its sleek, easy to clean and cool looking actually. Twist of cap came off very easily and stores well in my vanity.
*5 out of 5 Snobby Stars*

First Impression: my first impression was "what in the hell is this? cow manure? floral fill? peyote?" 
It has an earthy, funky smell with the consistency of bumpy play dough. As someone who is used to foamy bubbles - this was an automatic turn off for me but I knew that when I bought it..

I followed the directions and used a pea size amount with some water. It did not lather up or make a paste. In fact the little pea fell out of my hand and into the sink..so..i grabbed a few peas worth and tried to make a paste in my hand with some water. I started off using the water sparingly until I got the hang of it in my hand. Then I put it on my cheeks and in circular motions went all over my face avoiding my eyes..prior to this I had taken off my eye makeup with an eye makeup remover but that was all I did before hand. I washed it off and used a face cloth to wipe my face. WHAT A MESS THIS MADE!! all over my sink, the vanity top, my hair...ugh, i was not happy..
HOWEVER..
the product is amazing. My skin instantly looked better, like INSTANTLY. It gives you a glow and does not leave your face feeling tight at all. Very impressed with the actual result. This is not something i would use every day though. I wear a lot of makeup and aside from the eye makeup remover beforehand, I did go back and have to wash my eyes with my usual cleanser. I have since used this a few times and each time my skin really looks clean without looking dehyrdated or irritated. So in a nutshell, I would recommend this to people who have skin with issues. I wish the process was a little less involved and messy but my skin truly felt great and I was glowing a bit from it. I'd def repurchase it. There isn't a LUSH near me and that's a huge bummer for me, so I may not try anything new from them until I can touch and feel it.

Ease of use: 2 out of 5 Snobby Stars
Smell: 3 out of 5 Snobby Stars

Over all Result: 4 out of 5 Snobby Stars 

**Have you used this product? Tell us what you think!!**




6 comments:

  1. Cool, I'll have to try this product.

    My fav foundations are bareMinerals bc it gives me a natural look and Clinique acne solutions since it has added benefits. I've been using BB cream and tinted SPF as well.

    You can check out my beauty post. =)

    @ happydietitian.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Wendy!!! Happy you're following Ms. Snobby. She's awesome. Now I get TWO really great blogs! Awesomenesssss!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this product. I, too, was hesitant to try it. However, the effects were instant. My skin cleared up and my pores shrunk. It's a miracle in a little container. It does take some getting used to, but I learned that you have to used about a quarter size of product and a little water. I usually use it in the shower to minimize any mess. It's not good at removing makeup, but I guess the point of the product is to gently cleanse your face. I love all the products from LUSH. I use it with the Grease Lightening cleanser. Gives my skin the "o" glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought of something. Another great product to use with Herbalism is the Tea Tree Water toner. It seems to take off any excess product that is left over when you wash your face. Yeah...I could basically go on and on about their products. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm doing something wrong...I posted the other day, (or so I thought)but I don't see it, so I may need some help. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shay! Welcome :)! To be honest, you're not the only person having issues.. I don't think I clicked on anything to make it so people can't post, but who knows, I may have, lol. I'm new to this so we're all learning together. Hopefully it works for you now :)

      Delete